International Cycle to Work Day
WIN WIN WIN!
‘International Cycle to Work Day’ is for everyone!
Cycling has loads of health and cost saving benefits, and it could help save our planet from climate change catastrophes. This year we're making it even more exciting by giving away loads of amazing prizes worth R5000!
It's as easy as 1 2 3: On 15 August capture the moment via video/photo comment on our post and stand a chance to win!
Cycling To Work Day is an international annual event celebrated on 15 August. Thousands of enthusiastic riders hit the streets to celebrate everyday cycling.
All you need to take part is a bike – new or old – and the desire to ride!
WHAT CYCLING DOES FOR YOUR BODY
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- Improved joint mobility
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Strengthened bones
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevention or management of disease
- Reduced anxiety and depression.
WHAT CYCLING DOES FOR YOU POCKET
With the current petrol price at R15.72 and diesel price at R14.33, it is not a hard decision to switch to cycling.
WHAT CYCLING DOES FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
- Global temperatures are rising
- The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) determined that a 1.5°C rise will increase risk of events like extreme droughts, wildfires, and floods.
- If no changes are made, the global temperature could rise by as much as 3°C—double the rate that scientists agree would already be catastrophic.
- Evidence proves that car emissions are bad for the environment and bike trips can reduce the impact.
- A 20% increase in cycling worldwide could cut CO2 emissions from transport by nearly 11% in 2050.
CYCLE AND WIN!
We've partnered up with GearUp and Dryland Events Management to compile incredible prizes for ‘International Cycle to Work Day’ 2019:
- Entry for Momentum Health Attakwas Extreme presented by Biogen
- Biogen hamper
- Giant hamper
- Cycling shirts
All you must do to enter is, well, cycle!
Take a picture or video of you cycling to work or school on 15 August and comment on our International Cycle Day post via Facebook or Instagram to enter and stand a chance to win one of the amazing prizes above worth R5000!
COMPETITION CLOSES: 16 August @ 17:00
Terms & Conditions Apply