What sets Cango Wildlife Ranch apart, is that we take our animal care and visitor safety standards to an international level. We accomplish this by ensuring we uphold our internationally recognised accreditation by the Pan-African Association of Zoos & Aquaria (PAAZA). This specific accreditation has only been awarded to a handful of facilities in the whole of Africa, it is extremely prestigious and difficult to achieve and is reviewed every 5 years.
Our Natural Encounter programs, along with our new Experience Department, offers visitors both young and old the chance to interact with a few of our ambassadors species:
Open the door to your heart and we will open the windows to your soul.
In our Encounters Program you can;
- Befriend a snake, (5+ years with a guardian)
- Meet a cheetah, (14+ years must exceed 1.5m / 5ft)
- Be enchanted by our cheetah cubs *subject to availability,
- Feed an African Leopard, African Lion or Bengal Tiger, (14+ years must exceed 1.5m / 5ft)
- Hang out with our Ring-Tailed Lemurs, (5+ years with a guardian)
- Croc-Cage Dive with our prehistoric Nile crocodiles, (5+ years with a guardian / 14+ years without) or
- Feed a crocodile, (10+ years must exceed 1.5m / 5ft)
- Get a photo with an Endangered Vulture, (12+ years must exceed 1.5m / 5ft)
*All encounters are subject to animal behaviour, weather and therefore subject to change.
*Croc-Cage Diving closes during wintertime. Our winter months typically starts in May. Please contact us prior to arrival to avoid disappointment.
Overcome your fears or indulge in your dreams with the following Encounters and photo opportunities up for grabs.
At Cango Wildlife Ranch, the well-being and welfare of all our animals are paramount in the promotion of our conservation ethic to you, our valued guest.
To achieve these aims we promote the concept of Natural Encounters between you and a number of select ambassador species.
We hope that encounters with these magnificent creatures will encourage compassion and support in the plight that these species face on our fragile planet. All contributions from Natural Encounters go towards the vital funding of our conservation and captive breeding programs. If you would like to become more involved in helping us to help them, we invite you to join our Cheetah Preservation Foundation (CPF) – which channels all contributions to the conservation and breeding programs both in the wild and here at the Cango Wildlife Ranch.
It is important to note that we take our cue from our animals. Should for any reason, they not react voluntarily we will not force them to participate in an encounter. Their health and well being is our first priority. Encounters, therefore, are subject to change without prior notice.
- 16GB USB with photo's taken by our photographer of your unforgettable encounter experience!
- Photo folder with a beautiful photo memory of your experience
For the protection of our animals and yourself people with any respiratory illness, Pregnancies, Colds, Influenza, Tuberculosis, Mumps, Measles, German Measles, Chickenpox, Cold sores, Eye infections, Ear Infections, or if you feel unwell in any way, may be limited to do only certain encounters.
Adults who need to accompany, or prefers to accompany a child on an encounter, will be requested to purchase their own encounter ticket.
Children 5 - 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult for their encounters.