Plan your visit
The Cango Wildlife Ranch is open every day of the year including Christmas and New Year's Day.
- 08:30 - 17:00 High Season (Dec – Mar). The last tour departs at 17:00
- 08:30 - 16:30 Low Season (Apr– Nov). The last tour departs at approximately 16:30
We do not have set times for tours, however, visitors will not wait longer than 30 minutes for their tour to start. *Please note that the closing times are when the last tour of the day departs.
Duration of tour: 60 min, but we recommend setting out 2 hours for your visit to see all we have to offer. Booking is essential for groups larger than 10 people. For any queries regarding tours, please contact us.
Please note that we are wheelchair friendly!
Kindly Take Note:
Although our facility is wheelchair friendly, we do not provide wheelchairs unless in an emergency
Although we are all avid animal lovers, we can unfortunately not allow any pets/animals onto our facility. This is due to contamination control.
Oudtshoorn climate is a varied one with very hot summers and cold winters. Our town boasts with the most sunny days in South Africa, so please be sun-wise when travelling.
December–February, temperatures are usually from 30 C & higher
June–August, temperatures can range anything from 7 – 22 C Don’ t be put off visiting us if it is raining on the coast, Oudtshoorn often offers clear skies and sunshine on these days. Even if it rains, the ranch stills offers many activities!
Depending on the time of your visit, you will need to dress appropriately. We recommend the following attire;
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Light clothing and a hat (especially during summer)
- Umbrella (winter months).
- Never forget your sunscreen!
- Optional: If you are planning to do our Croc-Cage Diving, we have all the gear you need for no extra charge! Though you are welcome to bring your own swimming gear. (*Crocodile Cage Diving will be closed during winter months as crocodiles exert as little energy as possible to remain warm enough in cold weather)