Cango Careers: Animal Feed Coordinator
The role of the Animal Feed coordinator is to source, supply and dispersal of all animal feed and bedding. This may require long hours on the road for the sourcing of the animal feed. The coordinator must also have good people skills as some feed collections are of sensitive matter. General assistance within the department regarding driving necessities, cleaning of enclosures, feeding of animals, general maintenance inside enclosures as well as working with international volunteers also form part of daily routine.
- Ability to make decisions and execute them/a person of logistics and operations
- Fluent English/Afrikaans
- Knowledge in inventory/store/stock management - strict stock control on regularly basis
- Knowledge in purchasing management and working with suppliers.
- Collection of all animal feed and bedding
- Cleaning and upkeep of weapons on the ranch.
- Stock control of animal feed that is brought in and issued out to the animal kitchen
- Stay up to date on animal feed specials to contribute to the ranch saving cost
- To liaise with suppliers and contractors for quotations, ensuring at all times that purchases are correctly and favourably priced
- Keep a register of all cool room and freezer temperatures
- Assist with veld management on property across the road
- Work with volunteers to complete necessary projects as well as provide environmental enrichment for the animals
- Perform and repair fence checks of the Reserve
- Grade 12
- Punctual, patient, reliable, mindful and precise/accurate
- Well presented & well-spoken - excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in stock control and quality control
- Contactable at all times in event of an emergency
- Fully Bilingual (English & Afrikaans)
- Work weekends and public holidays
- Must work in a team and under pressure
- Valid driver’s license (Code EB or higher), PDP License & own reliable transport. A motorbike license will be of advantage as well
- Competency to possess a firearm – rifle, preferable for business purpose
24 December 2018
Please send your Cover Letter, CV with at least 2 contactable references to:
The Assistant Director: Zoological – Narinda Beukes
CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – The Company reserves the right not to interview or appoint applicants and to withdraw the position at any given time. If you do not hear from us within 2 week of the closing date, please consider your application as not successful.