Cango Careers: Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a well-rounded and very creative individual to form part of our marketing and tourism team.
If you have a passion for animals and tourism, please apply!
- Grade 12
- Punctual, patient, organised, reliable, mindful, accurate and very creative.
- Well-rounded individual with proven administrative, marketing, public relations and design skills.
- Well presented, with excellent people skills who can work in a team environment
- Fully Bilingual (English & Afrikaans), with excellent command of English, both spoken and written (spelling and grammar)
- Willing to work weekends and public holidays.
- Valid driver’s license (Code EB or higher) & own reliable transport.
- Previous marketing- and or design experience (diploma would be advantageous)
- Industry skills:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing and design software, which includes but are not limited to Adobe Creative Suite and Video editing, more would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience in working with online platforms which includes but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, ActivityBridge, etc.
- General knowledge of the Oudtshoorn and Garden Route area
- Strong communication, people & networking skills to represent CWR and build relationships with visitors and industry partners
- Creative skills:
- Intuitive, out-of-the-box and creative thinking
- Creative writing, design and content creation
- Photography and videography experience will be advantageous
- Organisational skills:
- The ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure and to adhere to deadlines
- Undertaking daily office administrative tasks
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns
- Providing and taking responsibility for excellent customer service at all times
- Representing the company on various platforms
- Take the role of junior manager on duty on working weekends
- Liaise with public, tour companies, media, suppliers and advertisers as needed.
- Oversee the design and publication of promotional materials
- Adhoc duties as requested by management
Closing Date: 02 November 2018
Please submit your creative Cover Letter, CV and at least 2 contactable references to:
Marketing Manager: Mari-Lize Warrington - [email protected]
CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER –
The Company reserves the right not to interview or appoint applicants and to withdraw the position at any given time. When applying for any internal positions, please inform your Department Manager prior to submitting your application. Should no suitable internal candidates be found by the above date, then the Ranch will advertise & recruit externally. If you do not hear from us within 1 week of the closing date, please consider your application as not successful.