Maintenance Manager Vacancy
The role of the Maintenance Manager is to manage the repairs, modifications and maintenance of mechanical, civil and other infrastructure and equipment to ensure efficient operations of all machinery/plant equipment on the Ranch and to plan and manage all building and equipment projects. Responsible for managing all aspects of the Maintenance Department and the vehicle fleet.
- Ability to make decisions and execute them/a person of logistics and operations
- Fluent English/Afrikaans
- Technological knowledgeability to detect problems
- Knowledge in inventory/store/stock management - strict stock control on a regularly basis
- Plan and implement a maintenance program for the Ranch as well as oversee major repairs of breakdowns to minimize repairs and maintenance costs - oversee repairs and maintenance on all other utilities such as water systems, pumps and other systems as needed
- Manage maintenance staff time-keeping, leave rosters and attendance.
- Depending on the scale of the project, manage all building and construction projects on the Ranch or work with a nominated project management specialist company.\
- Ensure all electrical equipment and installations are maintained or installed in accordance with statutory requirements and business needs.
- Ensure all building and equipment utilization is in accordance with risk, security, safety and health standards.
- Implement and encourage cost cutting initiatives within the Maintenance Department where these do not impact on long term business sustainability.
- Lead the Maintenance team towards meeting targets – through regular communication and utilization of full organizational talent management tool set.
3-year Engineering diploma or equivalent - Trade Test (preferable)
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a maintenance environment
Mechanical, electrical and quality control processes
Equipment maintenance programme principles and practices
Knowledge and understanding of large, complex systems
Knowledge and experience of agricultural/and other tools
Well presented & well-spoken - excellent people skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Experience in stock control and quality control.
Fully Bilingual (English & Afrikaans).
Work weekends and public holidays.
Must work in a team and under pressure
Valid driver’s license (Code EB or higher), PDP License & own reliable transport
Competency to possess a firearm – rifle, preferable for business purpose.
Closing Date: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Please send your Cover Letter, CV with at least 2 contactable references to:
Operations Director – Hugo du Plessis: [email protected]
CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – The Company reserves the right not to interview or appoint applicants and to withdraw the position at any given time. When applying for any internal positions, please inform your Department Manager prior to submitting your application. Should no suitable internal candidates be found by the above date, then the Ranch will advertise & recruit externally. If you do not hear from us within 1 week of the closing date, please consider your application as not successful.