CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH HAS A VACANCY FOR A PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reports to : Wild Animal Volunteer Manager
Sub-Ordinates: Wild Animal Volunteer Hosts
Ensuring our volunteer program is properly integrated, liaising with the Animal Department and ensuring the smooth running of the Wild Animal Volunteer Program, hosts and volunteers. To be able to stand in as Host if needed. Assisting with the volunteer accommodation lodges in conjunction with the Lodge Manager. Assisting the Wild Animal Volunteer Manager as and when required with day to day administration including correspondence, bookings, payments, marketing and any ad hoc duties.
- Ability to communicate professionally/excellent in English – demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Valid Drivers’ License and PDP License & own reliable transportation.
- Excellent people skills, knowledge of management principals and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve volunteers.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft application and internet usage.
- Record keeping skills, time management, organization, planning and admin skills. Office confidentiality.
- Demonstrate capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public, staff and/or with difficult situations
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Must be available for special events and training. Available over public holidays
- Minimum Grade 12.
- Diploma in Tourism/ Marketing / Conservation will be advantageous.
- Previous experience in similar line.
- Sound physical & health status
Closing date for applications 26 January 2018
Please send CV, cover letter and 3 contactable references to
Gill Kannemeyer – [email protected]