CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS LOOKING FOR AN ANIMAL TRAINING COORDINATOR
We are searching for a motivated, patient candidate who has a passion to work with animals, conservation as well as visitors.
- Strong personal commitment to, respect for and have patience with animals.
- Developing and understanding of animal behaviour focusing on certain mammals and certain reptile species
- Creating training regimes for animal’s daily basic husbandry and ambassadorial management
- Ensure that Animal handler team train animals correctly, ensure that all documentation needs are met, bond enough with the animals and do their daily task in a timely manner as well as providing visitors with an animal encounter by which the education and conservation message has to be given through to visitors as well as ensuring optimal safety for visitors and well-being of animals.
- Normal day to day duties such as cleaning, feeding of animals that participate in the encounter program, certain maintenance checks and ad hoc duties as required
- Using positive reinforcement and other techniques to elicit desired animal behaviour
- Daily participation in our encounter program by accompanying visitors to meet our ambassador animals.
- Oversee the mental stimulation of all encounter animals by means of enrichment.
- Be able to meet training deadlines with team for animal ambassadors as set out by Directors.
- South African Citizen
- Experience working with captive animals in a Zoological institute for educational purposes
- Patience and self discipline due to repetitious activities
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Management skills to manage team of animal handlers as well as junior handlers which assist on weekends and holidays
- Thorough record keeping skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Valid drivers licence and own reliable transport.
- Work weekends and public holidays
Please send your Cover/Motivation letter, detailed CV with 3 contactable references to:
Narinda Beukes, Assistant Director: Zoological, [email protected]
Closing date for applications:
9 February 2018
“CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Placements will be made in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan – The Company reserves the right not to interview or appoint applicants and to withdraw the position at any given time. If you do not hear from us within 2 week of the closing date, please consider your application as not successful.”